Instead of using a straightener to curl your hair, some people opt to do a perm because it is more lasting than curling which will relax on its own after a few hours or a day. It is a chemical treatment in which a perm solution is applied to your hair which will alter your hair structure to form a curl or wave. Perm is categorized into different types and one can choose what type of perm to get depending on your hair type and condition (damaged or not).
Why does Perm Hair get Frizzy?
Usually, your perm hair will get frizzy because you did not look after it properly or violated the basic perm rules. It is usually frizzy because you washed your hair before the no-wash period is over and dried it using a towel, over-processing, or the curls are too tight. It is possible that you treated your curly or wavy hair the same way you used to treat your straight hair.
How to fix frizzy perm hairs?
Read on to know how to fix your frizzy hair along with tips on how to stop your perm from going frizzy.
1. Trim your split ends
Cut off your split ends will help retain moisture and will also allow you to grow your hair longer and won’t get cut. So cut it off before the split ends and cut your hair off.
2. Keep your hair hydrated
Your permed curl needs hydration so make sure to use products that do not strip of moisture and start using products that will help nourish and moisture your permed hair. Your curls need water.
3. Coconut Oil Mask
Coconut oil is really good for you as it is good for your skin. So apply coconut oil to your head, massage it into the scalp and give importance to the hair ends while applying it. Ten use a shower cap or plastic wrap to cover it up. Make sure to shampoo in case it gets greasy.
4. Protein treatment
Try to use a protein treatment once a week. This treatment will not only smoothen and strengthen your locks but will also provide moisture that your hair is desperate for. You can also opt for deep conditioning instead of a protein treatment.
5. Try to avoid dying your hair shortly before and after getting a perm.
One of the reasons your hair gets frizzy is because of the chemical treatments done to hair. Too many chemical treatments will suck out the moisture from your hair making it look frizzy, try your maximum to avoid getting any chemical treatments before and after getting a perm. Give your hair a break.
6. Gently dry your hair
If you are towel drying your hair make sure to microfibre towels and dry them gently. Don’t be all aggressive and take out your day-to-day frustration on your hair. If you are blow-drying your hair, attach a diffuser to the dryer to tone down the heat from the dryer.
7. Apply Canola oil
Apply canola oil to hair and make sure to soak it from root to ends. After this cover your hair with the help of a plastic wrap or if a shower cap is available use that. After a few hours rinse your hair using a mild shampoo, we don’t want any harsh chemicals on the shampoo.
8. Try to have a perfect daily hair care routine.
When we say perfect, create a hair care routine that suits your hair and your lifestyle. Try to include the right products ranging from shampoo, conditioner to anti-frizz serum.
9. Avoid Heat styling
Heat styling can damage your hair when overused but when you just got a perm the chances are high and if your hair is damaged it will appear frizzy. So try to minimize the use of heating tools to style or dry your hair, instead use its alternatives.
Watch how to take care of your curls after a digital perm
Recommended Products for frizzy perm hairs
1. Bumble and bumble Surf Spray
- Its a Salt spray
- Suitable for fine to medium hair
- Adds texture and moisture to your hair
- Contains seaweed extract that helps define your curls.
- Help retain moisture.
2. TIGI Catwalk Curls Rock Amplifier
- Improves the natural texture
- Contains Polymers, Thermal and Environmental Protectants, Essential Oils
- Help define and hold your curls
- Protect against humidity
3. John Frieda Frizz Ease Original 6 Effects Serum
- Eliminates frizz
- Provides thermal protection
- Suitable for medium to coarse frizzy hair.
4. Ouidad’s Ultra-Nourishing Cleansing Oil Shampoo
- Cleanse and rehydrate dry and damaged hair
- Help curls become soft and define them
5. Arvazallia Hydrating Argan Oil Hair Mask
- Claims to provide a professional salon treatment.
- Help make your hair shiny and soft
- Repairs, restore, and strengthen your hair
- Revives your dry and damaged hair by deeply conditioning, hydrating, and detangling it.
- Contains argan oil rich in essential vitamins and nutrients