Old age comes with grey hair strands. Unlike early times people just flaunted it, as they should, but it is completely normal for you to cover your greys. Majority of people opt for a dye that is of the same shade as their pre-grey or natural hair, but the trend these days is to add a pop to your hair by dyeing your greys in another colour that is not the same shade as natural hair colour. But it is completely your choice to decide what you should choose. Despite the colour make sure that you get ammonia-free products because your body or scalp or hair won’t appreciate the ammonia in products.
Ammonia-free hair colours
Ammonia, an alkaline chemical, is actually used to raise the Ph level of your hair during the colouring process. Ammonia in Hair care products can cause deterioration in the health and texture of your hair.
Ammonia-free hair colour does what it has to do without the help of ammonia, instead of ammonia these use other chemicals that help impart the colour to your hair. Please remember that when we say ammonia free hair colour it is in no way intended that the hair colour is completely organic, it just means that the dye does not contain ammonia.
Here is the video of Best ammonia free colours.
Advantages of Using Ammonia-free hair colour
- Ammonia gives off fumes that are dangerous to your hair, not ammonia itself. By switching to ammonia free hair colour you are ensuring both you and your hair are safe.
- Ammonia free hair colours are far less damaging than those that contain them.
- Ammonia free products are less harmful which means that your hair will remain soft and shiny even after colouring.
- Many ammonia free hair dyes or colours use monoethanolamine (MEA) which is used in less concentrated form. MEA when combined with emollient oils are less damaging compared to other PH balancers in hair dyes.
- Best ammonia-free hair colour to cover grey hair strands.
- This is a permanent at-home dye kit.
- Infused with Keratin and Silk Amino Acid.
- 41 natural-looking shades.
- Provides long-lasting grey coverage.
- Claims to give 100% grey coverage.
- Features a nourishing silk protein that will help make your hair look shinier and healthier.
- No-drip cream formula.
- 60% oil blend with natural flower oils
- The product come in 34 shades
- They keep your hair hydrated and help them be shinier and silkier than before.
- Oil based permanent hair colour.
- Gives almost 100% coverage of white hair.
- Provides hydration and also helps nourish your hair.
- Semi-permanent hair colour that gives a natural look to your hair.
- Makes your hair look healthy and gives it a radiant glow.
- 80% naturally derived ingredients.
- It helps enhance your natural hair colour and blend away your greys.
- It is infused with coconut oil and aloe vera which is what helps it enhance hair colour and provide shine.
- Lasts up to 28 washes.
- Available in 38 shades from black, brunette blonde to red and so.
- This hair colour is vegan.
- The colour surround technology allows the colour to penetrate deeply and easily into every strand of your hair and gives you a natural look.
- Gentle on scalp and hair thanks to the nourishing cream formula.
- They also keep your hair moisturised, reducing breakage and drying out.
- Claims to provide a 100% grey coverage.
- Lasts up to six weeks.
- Available in 16 shades.
- They are vegan.
- Triple protection system: Seal, replenishes and conditions your hair.
- It conditions your hair and protects it for up to eight weeks.
- 100% grey coverage.
- 38 shades available.
- Infused with Ceramide, Pro-Keratin Complex, and collagen.
- Permanent, professional hair colour cream that claims to provide salon-quality colour.
- Made with quality ingredients that are not harsh and are devoid of chemical smell.
- Provides intense colour.
- Allows deep conditioning and nourishment that help soften your hair.
- The dye is enriched with linseed oil and meadowfoam seed oil, these will help your hair appear more glossy and soft.
- Consist of moisturising oil (Linseed oil and Meadowfoam seed oil)
- Provides 100% coverage.
- Equipped With detailed instructions and protective gloves,
- Easy to use
- Temporary so it only gives colour for like a day or so.
- It instantly adds colour to your hair.
- The product provides such intense colour that any colour you select will be visible even on darkest brunettes.
- After you are done flaunting it , you can remove it by washing it once or twice with shampoo.
- Easily washes out.
- Suitable for all hair types and textures.
- Equipped with a sponge( precision sponge) for better application.
- SheaMoisture Nourishing hair colour kit is gentle on your hair while giving it the colour you desire.
- Gives you hair a softer, silkier, and healthier appearance.
- Permanent hair colour.
- No drip formula.
10. Madison Reed Radiant Cream Colour Hair Dye – Trieste Red
- The kit consists of Easy to Follow Personalised Instructions, Radiant Colour Cream & Activator, Two Pairs of Non-Latex Gloves, One Drip-Free Cap, Barrier Cream & Cleansing Wipe, Colour Preserving Shampoo & Conditioner.
- The hair colour consists of keratin, argan oil, and ginseng root extract.
- 100% grey coverage.
These are some ammonia free products available in the market that provide good, long lasting colour. Please note that the product description is from the brands website or amazon and the use of it and results may vary depending on the type and colour of your hair.