Did you recently relax your hair and are looking for a shampoo that is not too harsh and suitable for your relaxed hair? If your answer is yes, then keep reading.
How healthy your hair looks or how you style it up can do wonders to your overall look. So it is necessary that you take better care of your hair and use good quality products on your hair. One of the most difficult tasks is sorting out the shampoo that is suitable for your hair from a wide variety of shampoos, you should be extra careful if you have any chemical procedure done to your hair, like perm, relaxing etc.
What is relaxed hair?
Like how a perm is used to curl or give waves to your hair using chemicals, curly or wavy hair undergo chemical treatment that will make them straight permanently. The chemical cream used for this is termed a relaxer, the relaxer. A relaxer, that contains Sodium hydroxide or lye, works by opening up the hair follicle and then it penetrates into the cortex and further breaks down the complex compounds that are responsible for making the hair curly.
This process can leave your hair weak and brittle and susceptible to breakage. So it is necessary that you take proper care of your hair and use the right product. The improper or incorrect use of relaxers can leave your scalp permanently damaged, so ensure that you (if you are doing it yourself) or your hairstylist know what they are doing. Ensure the products you use moisturize your hair well because your hair is in desperate need for it due to the prior torture due to harsh chemical.
What to look for in a shampoo?
Try to stay away from shampoos that have a lot of chemicals in them, because your body is already exposed to chemical treatment during hair relaxation and it won’t be able to handle that well. Do try to purchase shampoos that are specifically made for any of these three purposes:
- Chemically treated hair
- dry or damaged
If a shampoo can satisfy more than one you can opt for that.
Look For the following Ingredients in the shampoo that you purchase –
- Soothing oils
Look for these soothing oils in your shampoo. Check the ingredients list to confirm –
- Jojoba Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Argan Oil
- Macadamia Oil
- Soothers found in Nature
Following soothers which are found in nature are great for your hairs. A quick ingredient check should confirm if your shampoo have one of these or not.
- Ingredients that are specially formulated for repairing and moisturizing
These ingredients are added to your shampoo especially for repairing your hairs and moisturizing them.
- Sodium lauryl sulfoacetate
Best shampoos for relaxed hair
1. Pantene Truly Relaxed Intense Moisturizing Shampo
- Contain moisturizing oils
- Gentle on chemically treated hair and natural African- American hair.
- Provides moisturization and shine to your hair.
2. Davines Nounou Shampoo
- Hydrating Deep Shampoo for Bleached, Permed, Relaxed, Damaged Hair or Very Dry Hair
- The product is really helpful in rejuvenating your hair and making your hair thick and shiny.
- It helps clean and nourish your hair while also conditioning it.
- The shampoo has Tomato extract
- The product like other products of Davine are produced in Italy
3. Redken Bonding Shampoo for Damaged Hair Repair
- Suitable for all hair types
- Great for damaged hair or dry hair
- Provides a shine to your hair
- Comes with citric acid
- Features a concentrating bonding care complex that will help reinforce weak bonds and improve your hair strength.
- Provides strength by repairing and conditioning your hair.
- Provides color fade protection.
4. Pantene Pro-V Truly Relaxed Hair Lightweight Shampoo
This product contains Coconut & Jojoba oil, which are few of the ingredients experts recommend you have in your shampoo if you have chemically damaged, damaged or dry hair.
5. Zotos Quantum Clarifying Shampoo
- It contains a dual chelating system that is said to help dissolve minerals, chlorine, hard water deposits etc.
- Recommended for use prior to chemical services
6. CURLY HAIR SOLUTIONS – Treatment Shampoo
- Formulated with Magnesium and Panthenol, these along with other ingredients help strengthen dry, lifeless hair.
- It contains what is called Silk amino acids which can soften and repair including the hair cuticle.
- Help strengthen the hairs elasticity thanks to Panthenol and magnesium
7. Moroccanoil Clarifying Shampoo
- They remove excess build-up
- The product will leave your hair and scalp feeling clean
- It contains ingredients like argan, avocado, and jojoba oils which gives your hair a good moisturising.
- Rehydrates and nourishes the hair.
- It is recommended that you follow it up with a conditioner.
8. MIZANI Moisture Fusion
- Argan oil, Cupuacu Butter, and honey help to hydrate your hair
- Suitable for African American relaxed hair
- It gently cleanses and conditions your hair thanks to the moisture rich formula.
- It makes your hair squeaky clean and leave it shiny and soft.